Monday, September 22, 2008

She's Up and Dressed!


I'm back! It's been a while since I have blogged but most of you know it's because I took an unplanned time out. Believe me, you don't want to have this kind of time out. I went to a doctor's appointment today and he was happy with my progress. I've been having pain in one area pretty constantly and he asked why I wasn't taking a pain pill. I said I didn't want my bishop to know I was on pain medications. He said "I was the one that prescribed it". For those of you that don't know, my urologist is also my bishop. As far as the pneumonia goes he said it is getting better.
Thanks to everyone who has been so sweet, especially my family. I'll email when mine gets fixed and when I feel more up to it. Wendy is my scribe for now.
This is a picture of me after the doctor's appointment. Wendy and the girls came to visit for the afternoon. Grandkids sure know how to brighten your day.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

We had such a good time visiting today. You look great!

Lacy King said...

YEAH! I am so glad you are up and around. We love you so much. I am really hoping we can come to the reunion this summer so I can introduce Dan to my AWESOME Aunt, who WE ALL LOVE AND ADORE!

FreeFamWorld said...

You are officially the bounce-backiest woman we know! You look incredible!!
To quote my surgeon who was recently convincing me to take more pain meds: "post-surgical pain is pretty pointless". Drugs are good!!

We love you and wish you a continued speedy recovery!!

Verlee said...

Yea!!! You look great, and you and Megan even match with the pink stripes! I know that was planned! ;)...Glad you are doing better.

Connie said...

Hi Gayle,

I'm actually commenting! It was soooooooooooo good to talk to you yesterday. Reading your blog and looking at your face, though, has an adverse affect, also. It makes me realize even more how much I miss you. I so look forward to my March visits and spending time with you. I'm so glad you are home and recuperating. Just remember the tortise. Slow and easy wins the race. I love you so much.
Connie

Lori said...

How cute you are, doing a blog even!!! In fact I love the background. How creative. I am so glad you are feeling better. It's sad we don't see you more than we do, pathetic, I know. You are our inspiration--love you!!!